Monday, September 13, 2010

Member Profile - Elaine Murray



Nameste

I am Elaine Murray, a retired social worker and administrator. I live in Kitsilano in Vancouver in a wonderful 1927 built house, surrounded by great friends and family. My education was in teaching special needs children, before becoming a manager in the provincial social service system. I worked throughout the Province of BC and spent too many years reorganizing, transforming, and changing how social services systems were structured throughout the Province. As a result I am thrilled to now be off to other adventures that are more individualized and make a difference on a personal level.

I have been on one other Habitat trip in El Salvador and enjoyed the build. I am currently taking Seniors courses at Simon Fraser University in Political history and Opera. I love the outdoors, and travelling. Looking forward to meeting you all in Nepal, which I know will be a very memorable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment