Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The People

I had read a lot, and watched a few videos about Nepal prior to coming. The part of me that loves to be prepared made me do it. But literature and another persons view point don't do justice to the impressions that this place leaves. Already, with only being in the tourist district, I can sense a strength in the people. There's a desire to thrive.

It's noisy and crowded in this area, but the people don't avoid your eyes as can be so common of strangers passing by back home. And why do so? Saying Namaste to both elder and child passing is refreshing. It's connected. It's downright important. Their sense of community must be so strong.

I'm happy to be here for a Habitat build, the people of this country are so welcoming and warm hearted, curious and hard working. They deserve it, and I can't wait to start.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ya doing down there ? I forgot that you were leaving this month. Now don't get carried away with shopping there Greg didn't give us a raise yet my dear. I hope you have a wonderful experience down there and take lots of pictures okay. TTYL

    ReplyDelete