Saturday, September 18, 2010

Member Profile - Elvira Fraser



Hello!

I was born in the Philippines, came to Toronto in 1965. I worked as a bookkeeper until I met my late husband at work. He came from Scotland and was a chartered accountant and he was my boss. You can say I married the boss. We were blessed with 2 children and 4 grandchildren.

I know about Habitat for Humanity Toronto because Neil Hetherington is a good friend of my son. But before this, I volunteered for HFHT when the office was in Coldwater St. on Leslie and York Mills. That time I believe they were just building 3 or 5 houses a year. This was in the late 80's (I think). I volunteer every Tuesday at HFHT working in the accounting department.... enjoyable time for me.

I look forward to going to Nepal to help build homes for needy families there. A small help from me but a big impact on their lives to have their own homes. I also look forward to meeting and interacting with my fellow workers on the team, and just having good time building the homes. Perhaps the trip to Nepal will encourage me more to volunteer for such causes like this.

Elvira Fraser

2 comments:

  1. Go Mom Go! Hope you had a nice journey and are settling into the beauty of Nepal. Take lots of pics and spin a prayer wheel for us! Love Sandy, Lindsay, Fionn and wee Ailbe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you Crazy Canuck, Miss you, glad you are having a good time, and sorry to hear about the bus.

    Looking forward to hear all about your adventures and see pictures when you get home. Hope you are working the camera ok :)

    Love Rachel, Dave, Sarah, and Jack

    ReplyDelete